Tuesday, August 18, 2009

tincture experiment

this is my first tincture... solomon's seal root (Polygonatum biflorum) in 190 proof organic grain alcohol. solomon's seal is good for joint injuries... it has the ability to restore lubrication. i have many neck/back aches. so i decided to try this as my first tincture. i used dried solomon's seal root... and then agonized looking over my notes to try to figure out how much herb ? how much alcohol ? do i add water ? reading over these math equations that just made my head buzz. actually... my nephew sammy is coming by today to give me a basic math course. i will show him the formulas and see if he can make sense of them. i posted my questions on a forum i follow... and got more math equations and then - someone said 'use the folk method'. 50% herb - 50% alcohol. that was 2 weeks ago - solomon's seal tincture has been sitting there for two weeks.... four more weeks to go... and then i have my medicine. i already use mullein (Verbascum thapsus) tincture (bought it) and a st. johns wort (Hypericum perforatum) and tamanu (Calophyllum inophyllum) oil rub when pain flares up. this is the original medicine. modern medicine has been around for say... 100 years ? for thousand of years before that we relied on and believed in plant medicine. i'm going back to the roots...

No comments :

Post a Comment