Sunday, November 15, 2009

score !

i just got back from the local nursery. i went to get a fern to plant behind my front tree. i ended up with giant chain fern (Woodwardia fimbriata), which is going to be beautiful once it fills out in that area. i also got more of my most favorite little plant, lambs ear (Stachys byzantina). it is the sweetest little fuzziest plant ever. i got a few calendula (Calendula officinalis) plants. after they settle in and start to flower - i will use the petals to make an infused calendula oil - which is very healing for the skin. my comfrey (Symphytum officinale) plant is looking a little weak - so i got 2 more. i was talking to an employee there - and i didn't know that comfrey goes dormant in the winter - so the one that i have now will bounce back in the spring. while i was talking to him, i asked if they had any plantain (Plantago spp.). he told me he has a SLEW of it at home and he would bring some to work tomorrow. he also told me he had so much comfrey that he would harvest some and bring me a bag a fresh comfrey leaves. i will make a healing comfrey salve with it.

No comments :

Post a Comment